Nebraska City Municipal Code Book, Chapter 19, Article VII
DUTIES (for complete description, see the Municipal Code):
19-202. The agency shall have jurisdiction and operate within the municipal limits and an area within three (3) miles of the municipal limits.
(a) There are areas in and near the city which have deteriorated and become blighted and substandard because of unsafe, unsanitary, inadequate, or overcrowded conditions of the dwellings therein, or because of inadequate planning of the area, or excessive land coverage by the buildings thereon, or the lack of proper light and air and open space, or because of the defective design and arrangement of buildings thereon, or faulty street or lot layout, or congested traffic conditions, or economically or socially undesirable land uses. Such conditions or a combination of some or all of them have resulted and will continue to result in making such areas economic and social liabilities harmful to the social and economic well-being of the entire city and needlessly increasing public expenditures, imposing onerous municipal burdens, decreasing the tax base, reducing tax revenues, substantially impairing or arresting the sound growth of the city.
(b) The following functions are hereby assigned to the housing and community development agency:
(1) Community development and redevelopment;
(2) Elimination of unsafe structures of all types which present a hazard to the health and safety of the citizens of the city;
(3) Preservation and conservation of those areas inside and outside the city that are deteriorating in structure and value;
(4) Stimulate, encourage and promote the orderly business development of the city;
(5) All programs and functions authorized by Sections 18-2101 to 18-2153, as amended, Laws of Nebraska, except as otherwise provided herein; and
(6) Such other related duties as shall be determined by the mayor and the city council.
The housing and community development agency shall be the governing body of the City of Nebraska City, Nebraska.
|Bryan Bequette (Chair)||Patrick Wehling|
|Vic Johns||Paul Davis|
City Administration, Grayson Path, City Administrator, 402-873-5515