Click Here for a Printable Job Application.
City of Nebraska City
Nebraska City, NE 68410
$115,925 – $128,765
Nebraska City is the county seat of Otoe County, Nebraska. This historical community of 7,300 is ideally located in southeastern Nebraska; 45 miles to Omaha, 50 miles to Lincoln, and 140 miles to Kansas City. Its centralized location makes Nebraska City the perfect place to live, work, and play.
The City of Nebraska City is a full-service city which operates under the commission form of municipal government. The City Council is comprised of 5 members, including the Mayor. There are four City Commissioners, each elected to represent a specific functional area of the City (Public Works, Parks and Recreation, Streets, and Finance). A professional City Administrator, appointed by and reporting to the City Council, manages the day-to-day operations of the City.
The City of Nebraska City seeks an active, creative, visionary, but grounded servant leader to serve as its new City Administrator. This is a highly responsible administrative and management position assisting the Mayor and City Commissioners in coordinating the daily operation and overall administration of city government. The selected candidate will be responsible for a number of varied projects, critical issues, and initiatives, both city- and community-related; working closely with the Mayor, Department Heads, and City Commissioners. Timely and accurate responses are required both written and verbal, to elected officials, department heads, City staff, community leaders, citizens, and media.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration or a related field, from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- 5 years of administrative, management and supervisory experience in municipal or county government, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license;
- Must be bondable.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university;
- 10 years of administrative, management and supervisory experience in municipal or county government, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range for this position is $115,925 – $128,765 annually, depending on qualifications and experience, plus a competitive benefits package. Training and experience requirements may be waived by the Mayor with approval of the City Council. Once hired, the City Administrator must reside within the City limits of Nebraska City.
Submit cover letter, resume, and at least 4 references (including no more than one personal reference) to City Attorney Drew Graham, via either:
- An email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- A sealed envelope marked “City Administrator Applicant” to City Attorney 1409 Central Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410.
First review of applications will begin on April 30, 2020.
Position open until filled.
For the full job description in Dropbox, please click here.